04 September, 2013

Appliqué Finished - Still Scrunched


I am finished at last with the appliqué  portion of my "Birdsong" quilt and it is STILL scrunched on the master bedroom wall.  The leaf border on the left is there... it's just folded in. I am almost a little sad to have completed this part of my quilt.  I will definitely be doing more or this needle turn appliqué.



The next step is to add a tiny 3/4 inch border using the above red fabric next to the leaves, then add a 12 inch outer border using this beautiful large blue print.  It reminds me of vintage wallpaper.

I may regret this later but I have decided to hand quilt this baby.  I want to use colored quilting thread on the birds and leaves but don't feel as if my machine quilting skills are up to snuff to attempt quilting this on my machine.  But I'm not so bad as a hand quilter and I am thinking that I have tons of work into this quilt already, and I don't want to mess it up when it comes to the quilting.
I hope to have this thing on the hoop soon.  Wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful. Nice job! I look forward to seeing your quilting progress on it.

    ReplyDelete